It's not as hard as you might think it is to replace a window. Usually, I prefer to have an experienced glass company take care of it when I need a window replaced, but sometimes, they can't get to me as fast as I'd like, or I can't afford a new window right away. I keep a few inexpensive panes of glass and some supplies in my garage so that I can temporarily replace a window until I can get the glass company to my house to install a better one. This is definitely something that anyone could learn to do, so I decided to start a blog about it to try to teach others how to replace windows. Whether you're temporarily replacing a window or you want to do a permanent job, you can learn the basics here in this blog.
While most consumers think of window glass when they think of a glass repair company, fixing that broken pane in your window is just one of many residential services offered by most glass repair companies.
When to call a residential glass repair company
1. When your window pane is broken. Of course, the primary business of a home glass company is to repair and replace window glass. This can be the result of a broken pane or if you want to replace your window glass with more energy efficient multi-pane glass.
2. For a shattered or chipped glass tabletop. Glass tabletops can take a lot of abuse, especially if they are used regularly as a family dining table or family room coffee table. A good residential glass repair company can buff out small imperfections and chips before they can become major issues that make you have to replace the entire piece of glass.
3. For mirror repair or replacement. Do you want to add a custom mirror behind your bathroom sink? A residential glass company can cut one to order and even install it. If you happen to get a chip in the edge of the mirror, a good glass company can grind it down so that it is much less noticeable. If that's not possible, they are the people to call to install a new mirror.
4. For an affordable alternative to expensive framing and picture repair. For most framing projects, simple window glass is a cheap alternative to expensive glass used by most framing studios. Bring in the frame or the measurements of the picture and have the glass company cut a piece of glass to order.
5. To repair your glass kitchen countertop or backsplash. Tempered glass is being used increasingly often for sleek, modern kitchen counters and backsplashes. Although this material is more durable than window glass, it isn't indestructible and can be damaged if someone drops a heavy object on it.If this happens, a residential glass repair company can help make your kitchen beautiful again.
Home glass repair companies aren't just the people to call when you neighbor's son or daughter throws an errant softball through your living room window. This type of company can help with a number of home repair issues, everything from fixing that chipped mirror to repairing your dining room table to cutting an affordable piece of glass for your DIY picture framing project.